1. the inflection of nouns and pronouns and adjectives in Indo-European languages
2. process of changing to an inferior state
3. a downward slope or bend
4. a class of nouns or pronouns or adjectives in Indo-European languages having the same (or very similar) inflectional forms
- the first declension in Latin
Sentences with declension as a noun:
- In Latin, 'amicus' belongs to the second declension. Most second-declension nouns end in '-i' in the genitive singular and '-um' in the accusative singular.