1. courageous, daring.
- bold settlers on some foreign shore
- a bold speech
- a bold adventure
Similar word(s): adventuresome, adventurous, fearless, unafraid, forward, audacious, brave, dauntless, fearless, hardy, intrepid, unfearing, daredevil, temerarious, emboldened, foolhardy, heady, rash, reckless, heroic, heroical, nervy, overreaching, vaulting, overvaliant, brave, courageous
2. clear and distinct
- bold handwriting
- a figure carved in bold relief
- a bold design
Similar word(s): conspicuous
3. very steep; having a prominent and almost vertical front
- where the bold chalk cliffs of England rise
Sentences with bold as an adjective:
- Bold deeds win admiration and, sometimes, medals.
- The last word of this sentence is bold.
1. a typeface with thick heavy lines
Similar word(s): boldface
1. (transitive) To make (a font or some text) bold.
2. (transitive, obsolete) To make bold or daring.
3. (intransitive, obsolete) To become bold.