1. a string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language
- he always spoke in grammatical sentences
Definition categories: communication
2. (criminal law) a final judgment of guilty in a criminal case and the punishment that is imposed
Definition categories: act
3. the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
- his sentence was 5 to 10 years
Similar word(s): time
Sentences with sentence as a noun:
- The court returned a sentence of guilt in the first charge, but innocence in the second.
- The judge declared a sentence of death by hanging for the infamous cattle rustler.
- The children were made to construct sentences consisting of nouns and verbs from the list on the chalkboard.