1. the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force
- every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty
Definition categories: act
2. the proper sphere or extent of your activities
Similar word(s): province
3. a form of trustworthiness; the trait of being answerable to someone for something or being responsible for one's conduct
- he holds a position of great responsibility
Similar word(s): responsibleness
Sentences with responsibility as a noun:
- Responsibility is a heavy burden.
- Why didn't you clean the house? That was your responsibility!
- The responsibility of the great states is to serve and not to dominate the world - Harry S. Truman