1. a relatively narrow strip of land projecting from some larger area
- Wheeling is located in the northern panhandle of West Virginia
Definition categories: location
2. the handle of a pan
Sentences with panhandle as a noun:
- The three counties that form the Oklahoma panhandle were originally part of the Cimmaron Strip.
- The very wide Texas panhandle butts up, at its north, against the Oklahoma panhandle.
- The Florida panhandle is the area west, along the Gulf coast, of the Florida Peninsula.
- Part of Fairfield County, Connecticut consitutes a panhandle, extending into Bronx County, New York.