1. violating or tending to violate or offend against
- considered such depravity offensive against all laws of humanity
2. for the purpose of attack rather than defense
- offensive weapons
3. causing anger or annoyance
- offensive remarks
4. morally offensive
5. unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses
- offensive odors
Similar word(s): evil, hateful, abhorrent, detestable, obscene, repugnant, repulsive, charnel, ghastly, sepulchral, creepy, disgustful, disgusting, distasteful, foul, loathly, loathsome, repellant, repellent, repelling, revolting, wicked, yucky, ghoulish, morbid, hideous, horrid, horrific, outrageous, objectionable, obnoxious, rank, scrimy, verminous, unpalatable, unpleasant
6. causing or able to cause nausea
Sentences with offensive as an adjective:
- The army's offensive capabilities. An offensive weapon.
- The offensive coordinator is responsible for ordering all rushing plays.