1. morally bad or wrong
- evil purposes
- an evil influence
- evil deeds
Similar word(s): bad, atrocious, flagitious, grievous, monstrous, bad, black, dark, sinister, corruptive, perversive, pestiferous, demonic, diabolic, diabolical, fiendish, hellish, infernal, satanic, unholy, despicable, slimy, ugly, unworthy, vile, worthless, wretched, devilish, mephistophelean, mephistophelian, immoral, offensive, wrong, unrighteous, wicked
2. having the nature of vice
3. having or exerting a malignant influence
Sentences with evil as an adjective:
- Do you think that companies that engage in animal testing are evil?
- an evil plot to kill innocent people
- an evil beast; an evil plant; an evil crop
- Global variables are evil; storing processing context in object member variables allows those objects to be reused in a much more flexible way.
1. morally objectionable behavior
2. that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune
- the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones
3. the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice
- attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world
Similar word(s): evilness
Sentences with evil as a noun:
- The evils of society include murder and theft.
- Evil lacks spirituality, hence its need for mind control.