1. not reflecting light; not glossy
- a photograph with a matte finish
Sentences with matte as an adjective:
- Flat or matte paint allows a deep color expression on the walls while also hiding flaws that may be inherent on the painted surface.
1. a mixture of sulfides that forms when sulfide metal ores are smelted
2. the property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss
Sentences with matte as a noun:
- The image is a perfect square of 8 cm (with white matte border the total dimensions are 14 cm tall by 11 cm wide).
- Matte painting is a tool that filmmakers can use to create a scene that is either too impractical, too costly or simply too impossible to achieve with conventional cinematographic means.