1. (chemistry) a substance consisting of two or more substances mixed together (not in fixed proportions and not with chemical bonding)
Definition categories: substance
2. any foodstuff made by combining different ingredients
- he drank a mixture of beer and lemonade
3. a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
4. an event that combines things in a mixture
- a gradual mixture of cultures
Similar word(s): mix
5. the act of mixing together
- paste made by a mix of flour and water
- the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio
Sentences with mixture as a noun:
- The mixture of sulphuric acid and water produces heat.
- An alloy is a mixture of two metals.
- The day was a mixture of sunshine and showers.
- A teaspoonful of the mixture to be taken three times daily after meals