1. many and varied; having many features or forms
- manifold reasons
- our manifold failings
- manifold intelligence
Sentences with manifold as an adjective:
- The manifold meanings of the simple English word 'set' are infamous among dictionary makers.
- c1384 ... the manyfold grace of God. — I Petre 4:10 (Wycliffe's Bible)1611 The manifold wisdom of God. — Ephesians 3:10. (w:King James Bible)
1. Many times; repeatedly.
1. a pipe that has several lateral outlets to or from other pipes
2. a lightweight paper used with carbon paper to make multiple copies
- an original and two manifolds
3. a set of points such as those of a closed surface or an analogue in three or more dimensions
Definition categories: group