- Saturday's child is loving and giving
Sentences with giving as an adjective:
- She is becoming a loving and giving person.
1. the act of giving
Similar word(s): gift
2. the imparting of news or promises etc.
- he gave us the news and made a great show of the giving
- giving his word of honor seemed to come too easily
3. disposing of property by voluntary transfer without receiving value in return
- the alumni followed a program of annual giving
1. present participle of give
- These bright surfaces are sprayed with a fine spray of ink, thus giving them an even surface.' - First Usenet use via Google Groups, fa.human-nets, 6 May 1981 0359-EDT, Gary Feldman at CMU-10A