1. willing to give and share unstintingly
- a generous donation
Similar word(s): charitable, benevolent, freehearted, big, bighearted, bounteous, bountiful, freehanded, giving, handsome, liberal, openhanded, lavish, munificent, overgenerous, unsparing, unstinted, unstinting, unselfish, generous, unselfish
2. not petty in character and mind
- unusually generous in his judgment of people
3. more than is usual or necessary
- a generous portion
Similar word(s): ample
Sentences with generous as an adjective:
- Thank you for your generous words.
- She's been extremely generous with her winnings.