1. a person who inhabits a particular place
2. a plant or animal naturalized in a region
- denizens of field and forest
- denizens of the deep
Sentences with denizen as a noun:
- The giant squid is one of many denizens of the deep.
- The denizens of that pub are of the roughest sort.
- Though born in Iceland, he became a denizen of Britain after leaving Oxford.
- The bald eagle is a denizen of the northern part of the state.
1. (transitive, Britain) To grant rights of citizenship to; to naturalize.
- He was denizened to Ireland after fleeing his home country.
2. (transitive) To provide with denizens; to populate with adopted or naturalized occupants.