1. the occurrence of a change for the worse
2. loss of military equipment
3. the act of damaging something or someone
Definition categories: act
4. the amount of money needed to purchase something
- how much is the damage?
5. any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
Similar word(s): wrong
Sentences with damage as a noun:
- The storm did a lot of damage to the area.
- "What's the damage?" he asked the waiter.
1. inflict damage upon
- The snow damaged the roof
- She damaged the car when she hit the tree
2. suffer or be susceptible to damage
- These fine china cups damage easily
Definition categories: change
Sentences with damage as a verb:
- Be careful not to damage any of the fragile items while unpacking them.