1. any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
2. an accident that results in physical damage or hurt
3. a casualty to military personnel resulting from combat
Similar word(s): wound
4. an act that causes someone or something to receive physical damage
5. wrongdoing that violates another's rights and is unjustly inflicted
Sentences with injury as a noun:
- The passenger sustained a severe injury in the car accident.
- Slander is an injury to the character.
1. (obsolete) To wrong, to injure.