1. suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle
- ambulances...for the hurt men and women
2. damaged; used of inanimate objects or their value
1. any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
2. psychological suffering
3. feelings of mental or physical pain
Similar word(s): suffering
4. a damage or loss
Similar word(s): detriment
5. the act of damaging something or someone
Definition categories: act
1. be the source of pain
Definition categories: perception
2. give trouble or pain to
- This exercise will hurt your back
3. cause emotional anguish or make miserable
4. cause damage or affect negatively
- Our business was hurt by the new competition
Similar word(s): injure
5. hurt the feelings of
- She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests
6. feel physical pain
- Were you hurting after the accident?
7. feel pain or be in pain
Similar word(s): suffer
Sentences with hurt as a verb:
- Does your leg still hurt? / It is starting to feel better.
- If anybody hurts my little brother I will get upset.
- This latest gaffe hurts the MP's reelection prospects still further.