1. (Britain, dialect) lively, lusty.
1. stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition
Similar word(s): buzzword
2. a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
3. a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves)
Definition categories: communication
4. insincere talk about religion or morals
5. two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees
Definition categories: man–made, edge
Sentences with cant as a noun:
- He had the look of a prince, but the cant of a fishmonger.
- People claim to care about the poor of Africa, but it is largely cant.
- to give a ball a cant