1. of short duration or distance
- a brief stay in the country
Similar word(s): short
2. concise and succinct
- covered the matter in a brief statement
Similar word(s): concise
3. (of clothing) very short
- a brief bikini
Sentences with brief as an adjective:
- Her reign was brief but spectacular.
- His speech of acceptance was brief but moving.
- Her skirt was extremely brief but doubtless cool.
1. (obsolete, poetic) Briefly.
2. (obsolete, poetic) Soon; quickly.
1. a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
2. a condensed written summary or abstract
1. give essential information to someone
- The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade
Sentences with brief as a verb:
- The U.S. president was briefed on the military coup and its implications on African stability.