1. an assured victory (especially in an election)
2. music composed in triple time for waltzing
Definition categories: communication
3. a ballroom dance in triple time with a strong accent on the first beat
Similar word(s): valse
Definition categories: act
1. dance a waltz
Sentences with waltz as a verb:
- They waltzed for twenty-one hours and seventeen minutes straight, setting a record.
- While waltzing her around the room, he stepped on her toes only once.
- He waltzed into the room like he owned the place.
- You can't just waltz him in here without documentation!