1. the 23rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet
2. a large marble used for shooting in the game of marbles
Similar word(s): shooter
Definition categories: man–made, marble
Sentences with taw as a noun:
- Walk around your corner, see-saw around your taw.
1. (transitive, obsolete) To prepare or dress, as hemp, by beating; to tew; hence, to beat; to scourge.
2. (transitive) To dress and prepare, as the skins of sheep, lambs, goats, and kids, for gloves, and the like, by imbuing them with alum, salt, and other agents, for softening and bleaching them.
3. (transitive) Specifically, to turn (animals’ hide) into leather, usually by soaking it in a certain solution.
4. to shoot a marble
5. To push; to tug; to tow.