- stout hearts
2. euphemisms for `fat'
- men are portly and women are stout
3. having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
- stout seamen
Sentences with stout as an adjective:
- Campers prefer stout vessels, sticks and cloth.
1. a strong very dark heavy-bodied ale made from pale malt and roasted unmalted barley and (often) caramel malt with hops
2. a garment size for a large or heavy person
Sentences with stout as a noun:
- Stout is darker, stronger and sweeter than porter beer.