1. having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
- sturdy young athletes
2. not making concessions
3. substantially made or constructed
- sturdy steel shelves
- sturdy canvas
Sentences with sturdy as an adjective:
- a sturdy oak tree
- It was a sturdy building, able to withstand strong winds and cold weather.
- The dog was sturdy and could work all day without getting tired.
- a man of sturdy piety or patriotism
1. A disease in sheep and cattle, marked by great nervousness, or by dullness and stupor.