1. a gait in which steps and hops alternate
2. a mistake resulting from neglect
Similar word(s): omission
- He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible
Similar word(s): jump
2. intentionally fail to attend
Similar word(s): cut
3. jump lightly
Similar word(s): hop
4. leave suddenly
- skip town
5. bound off one point after another
6. cause to skip over a surface
- Skip a stone across the pond
Sentences with skip as a verb:
- She will skip from one end of the sidewalk to the other.
- The rock will skip across the pond.
- I bet I can skip this rock to the other side of the pond.
- My heart will skip a beat.
- I will read most of the book, but skip the first chapter because the video covered it.
- Yeah, I really should go to the quarterly meeting but I think I'm going to skip it.
- to skip the rope
- The girls were skipping in the playground.