1. of or relating to the doctrine that rejects religion and religious considerations
2. characteristic of or devoted to the temporal world as opposed to the spiritual world
3. not concerned with or devoted to religion
- secular drama
- secular architecture
4. of or relating to clergy not bound by monastic vows
- the secular clergy
5. characteristic of those who are not members of the clergy
Sentences with secular as an adjective:
- secular clergy in Catholicism
- The secular games of ancient Rome were held to mark the end of a saeculum and the beginning of the next.
- The long-term growth in population and income accounts for most secular trends in economic phenomena.
- on a secular basis