1. an unforeseen obstacle
2. the act of rubbing or wiping
- he gave the hood a quick rub
Similar word(s): wipe
Sentences with rub as a noun:
- Give that lamp a good rub and see if any genies come out
- Therein lies the rub.
- a heat rub intended for muscular strains
1. move over something with pressure
- rub my hands
- rub oil into her skin
2. cause friction
3. scrape or rub as if to relieve itching
Sentences with rub as a verb:
- I rubbed the cloth over the glass.
- The cat rubbed itself against my leg.
- I rubbed my hands together for warmth.
- I rubbed the glass with the cloth.
- My shoes are beginning to rub.
- meat rubbed with spices before barbecuing
- to rub through woods, as huntsmen
- to rub up silver