1. a strong liking
- my own preference is for good literature
2. a predisposition in favor of something
- his sexual preferences
3. the right or chance to choose
Similar word(s): druthers
4. grant of favor or advantage to one over another (especially to a country or countries in matters of international trade, such as levying duties)
Sentences with preference as a noun:
- Can I keep my preferences when I upgrade to the new version of this application?
1. (US) To give preferential treatment to; to give a preference to.