1. social relations involving intrigue to gain authority or power
- office politics is often counterproductive
Definition categories: link
2. the study of government of states and other political units
Similar word(s): government
Definition categories: thought
3. the profession devoted to governing and to political affairs
4. the opinion you hold with respect to political questions
5. the activities and affairs involved in managing a state or a government
- unemployment dominated the politics of the inter-war years
- government agencies multiplied beyond the control of representative politics
Sentences with politics as a noun:
- He made a career out of politics.
- Their politics are clear from the bumper stickers on their cars.
- There's too much politics in this organization.