1. a ceremonial procession including people marching
2. an extended (often showy) succession of persons or things
- a parade of strollers on the mall
- a parade of witnesses
3. a visible display
- she made a parade of her sorrows
Sentences with parade as a noun:
- The floats and horses in the parade were impressive, but the marching bands were really amazing.
- The dinner was a parade of courses, each featuring foods more elaborate than the last.
- a parade of shops
- He was parked on Chester Parade.
1. walk ostentatiously
- She parades her new husband around town
2. march in a procession
- the veterans paraded down the street
Sentences with parade as a verb:
- They paraded around the field, simply to show their discipline.
- They paraded dozens of fashions past the crowd.
- After the field show, it is customary to parade the stands before exiting the field.