1. an object or statement produced before a court of law and referred to while giving evidence
2. something shown to the public
- the museum had many exhibits of oriental art
Sentences with exhibit as a noun:
- The museum's new exhibit is drawing quite a crowd.
- Exhibit A is this photograph of the corpse.
1. show an attribute, property, knowledge, or skill
- he exhibits a great talent
2. to show, make visible or apparent
- The Metropolitan Museum is exhibiting Goya's works this month
3. give an exhibition of to an interested audience
4. walk ostentatiously
Sentences with exhibit as a verb:
- He wanted to exhibit his baseball cards.
- The players exhibited great skill.
- I now exhibit this bloody hammer.
- Will you be exhibiting this year?
- to exhibit calomel