1. (rare, dialectal) Extremely; very
1. a politically organized body of people under a single government
- African nations
- students who had come to the nation's capitol
Definition categories: group
2. the people who live in a nation or country
- a statement that sums up the nation's mood
- the news was announced to the nation
3. a federation of tribes (especially Native American tribes)
- the Shawnee nation
Sentences with nation as a noun:
- The Roma are a nation without a country.
- The Kurdish people constitute a nation in the Middle East
- Though legally single nations, many states comprise several distinct cultural or ethnic groups.
- Once widespread across Europe in medieval times, nations are now largely restricted to the ancient universities of Sweden and Finland.