1. either of two fleshy folds of tissue that surround the mouth and play a role in speaking
2. (botany) either of the two parts of a bilabiate corolla or calyx
Definition categories: plant
3. an impudent or insolent rejoinder
4. the top edge of a vessel or other container
Definition categories: man–made, edge
5. either the outer margin or the inner margin of the aperture of a gastropod's shell
Sentences with lip as a noun:
- Don’t give me any lip!
1. To touch with the lips; to kiss or lick; to lap the lips against something.
2. To utter verbally.
3. To simulate speech merely by lip-movement, as suffices for a lip-reader.
4. (sports) to make a golf ball hit the lip of the cup, without dropping in.