1. (slang) (often kickin') Terrific, great (of clothes) smart, fashionable.
- a kicking pair of jeans
- a kicking party
2. (slang) Alive, active (especially in the phrase alive and kicking)
- still kicking at 89
1. a rhythmic thrusting movement of the legs as in swimming or calisthenics
- the kick must be synchronized with the arm movements
- the swimmer's kicking left a wake behind him
Similar word(s): kick
2. the act of delivering a blow with the foot
- he gave the ball a powerful kick
- the team's kicking was excellent
Sentences with kicking as a noun:
- In boxing, kicking one's opponent is not allowed.
- The bullies pushed the boy over and gave him a kicking.
1. present participle of kick