1. footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg
2. compartment in an automobile that carries luggage or shopping or tools
Similar word(s): trunk
Definition categories: man–made, compartment
3. the swift release of a store of affective force
- what a boot!
4. protective casing for something that resembles a leg
5. an instrument of torture that is used to heat or crush the foot and leg
Definition categories: man–made
6. a form of foot torture in which the feet are encased in iron and slowly crushed
7. the act of delivering a blow with the foot
Sentences with boot as a noun:
- It took three boots, but I finally got the application installed.
1. kick; give a boot to
2. cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes
- boot your computer
Similar word(s): reboot
Sentences with boot as a verb:
- I booted the ball toward my teammate.
- We need to boot those troublemakers as soon as possible
- Sorry, I didn’t mean to boot all over your couch.
- When arriving at the office, first thing I do is booting my machine.