1. located at a great distance in time or space or degree
- we come from a far country
- far corners of the earth
- the far future
2. being of a considerable distance or length
- a far trek
Similar word(s): long
3. being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle
- the horse on the right is the far horse
- the right side is the far side of the horse
Similar word(s): right
4. beyond a norm in opinion or actions
- the far right
Similar word(s): immoderate
Sentences with far as an adjective:
- He went to a far country.
- It was a far adventure, full of danger.
- He moved to the far end of the state. She remained at this end.
- We are on the far right on this issue.
- far heap;
1. to a considerable degree; very much
- a far far better thing that I do
- felt far worse than yesterday
- eyes far too close together
2. at or to or from a great distance in space
- he traveled far
- strayed far from home
- sat far away from each other
3. at or to a certain point or degree
- I can only go so far before I have to give up
- how far can we get with this kind of argument?
4. remote in time
- if we could see far into the future
- all that happened far in the past
5. to an advanced stage or point
- a young man who will go very far
Sentences with far as an adverb:
- My house is quite far from the beach. The plan is good, but it is far from being flawless.
- You have all come far and you will go farther.
- He was far richer than we'd thought.
1. a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again
Definition categories: group