1. located far away spatially
- remote stars
2. very unlikely
- a remote possibility
- a remote contingency
3. separate or apart in time
- the remote past or future
4. inaccessible and sparsely populated
5. far apart in relevance or relationship or kinship
- a remote relative
- considerations entirely removed (or remote) from politics
Sentences with remote as an adjective:
- A remote operator may control the vehicle with a wireless handset.
- After his fall from the emperor's favor, the general was posted to a remote outpost.
- There was only a remote possibility that we would be rescued as we were far outside of the regular shipping lanes.
- After her mother's death, my friend grew remote for a time while she dealt with her grief.
1. a device that can be used to control a machine or apparatus from a distance
- he lost the remote for his TV
Definition categories: man–made, device
Sentences with remote as a noun:
- I hate it when my uncle comes over to visit; he always sits in the best chair and hogs the remote.
1. (computing) To connect to a computer from a remote location.