1. the act of making up your mind about something
- the burden of decision was his
2. a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration
- a decision unfavorable to the opposition
3. (boxing) a victory won on points when no knockout has occurred
- had little trouble in taking a unanimous decision over his opponent
4. the outcome of a game or contest
- the team dropped three decisions in a row
5. the trait of resoluteness as evidenced by firmness of character or purpose
- a man of unusual decisiveness
Similar word(s): decisiveness
Sentences with decision as a noun:
- It is the decision of the court that movies are protected as free speech.
- It's a tough decision, but I'll take vanilla.
- After agonizing deliberations, they finally proceeded with decision.
- He has won twice by knockout, once by decision.
1. (boxing) To defeat an opponent by a decision of the judges, rather than by a knockout