1. reach, make, or come to a decision about something
- We finally decided after lengthy deliberations
Similar word(s): determine
Definition categories: cognition
2. bring to an end; settle conclusively
- The case was decided
- The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff
3. cause to decide
- This new development finally decided me!
4. influence or determine
- The vote in New Hampshire often decides the outcome of the Presidential election
Sentences with decide as a verb:
- The election will be decided on foreign policies.
- We must decide our next move.
- Her last-minute goal decided the game.
- You must decide between good and evil.
- I have decided that it is healthier to walk to work.