1. transactions (sales and purchases) having the objective of supplying commodities (goods and services)
2. the United States federal department that promotes and administers domestic and foreign trade (including management of the census and the patent office); created in 1913
Similar word(s): doc
Definition categories: group
3. social exchange, especially of opinions, attitudes, etc.
1. (dated) To carry on trade; to traffic.
- Beware you commerce not with bankrupts. -B. Jonson.
2. (dated) To hold intercourse; to commune.
- Commercing with himself. -Tennyson.Musicians ... taught the people in angelic harmonies to commerce with heaven. -Prof. Wilson.