1. of the relatively near future
- this coming Thursday
- the forthcoming holidays
- the upcoming spring fashions
Sentences with coming as an adjective:
- We expect great things from you this coming year.
- She will have two or three paintings in the coming exhibition.
- When he was fired, nobody was surprised or upset because they thought he had it coming.
- Ergonomic wallets are the coming thing.
1. the act of drawing spatially closer to something
2. arrival that has been awaited (especially of something momentous)
Similar word(s): advent
3. the temporal property of becoming nearer in time
4. the moment of most intense pleasure in sexual intercourse
1. present participle of come