1. the act of swimming for pleasure or recreation
- the Englishman said he had a good bathe
Sentences with bathe as a noun:
- I'm going to have a midnight bathe tonight.
1. cleanse the entire body
- bathe daily
2. suffuse or envelope with something
- The room was bathed in sunlight
- I was bathed in a cold sweat
- veal bathed in a rich creamy sauce
3. swim for pleasure or recreation
Sentences with bathe as a verb:
- We bathe our baby before going to bed; other parents do it in the morning if they have time.
- She bathed her eyes with liquid to remove the stinging chemical.
- The nurse bathed his wound with a sponge.
- The incoming tides bathed the coral reef.
- The room was bathed in moonlight.
- A dense fog bathed the city streets.
- The women bathed in the sun.