1. a decree that prohibits something
2. an official prohibition or edict against something
Sentences with ban as a noun:
- I proposed a ban on on all violence in my school.
1. forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper)
Similar word(s): censor
2. prohibit especially by legal means or social pressure
- Smoking is banned in this building
3. ban from a place of residence, as for punishment
Similar word(s): banish
4. expel from a community or group
Sentences with ban as a verb:
- Bare feet are banned in this establishment.