1. a complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways
- he had the attitude that work was fun
2. the arrangement of the body and its limbs
- he assumed an attitude of surrender
Definition categories: attribute
3. a theatrical pose created for effect
- the actor struck just the right attitude
4. position of aircraft or spacecraft relative to a frame of reference (the horizon or direction of motion)
Sentences with attitude as a noun:
- The ballet dancer walked with a graceful attitude.
- ... but had a lazy attitude to work.
- Don't give me your attitude.
- You've got some attitude, girl!
- The airliner had to land with a nose-up attitude after the incident.
1. To assume or to place in a particular position or orientation; to pose.
2. To express an attitude through one's posture, bearing, tone of voice, etc.