1. with hand brought forward and up from below shoulder level
- an underhand pitch
- an underhand stroke
2. marked by deception
- achieved success in business only by underhand methods
1. slyly and secretly
- Mean revenge, committed underhand
- oldline aristocratic diplomats underhandedly undermined the attempt...to align Germany with the Western democracies
Similar word(s): underhandedly
2. with the hand swung below shoulder level
- throwing a ball underarm
Similar word(s): underarm
1. To toss or lob with an underhand movement.
2. To trick, decieve or gull.
3. (mining) To excavate downward in successive steps or horizontal slices while positioned above on unbroken ore.