1. having or marked by bends or angles; not straight or aligned
- crooked country roads
- crooked teeth
Similar word(s): indirect, akimbo, anfractuous, aquiline, hooked, askew, awry, cockeyed, lopsided, wonky, contorted, writhed, writhen, deflective, refractive, geniculate, gnarled, gnarly, knobbed, knotted, knotty, malposed, reflexed, squiggly, tortuous, twisting, twisty, voluminous, winding, warped, windblown, wry, zigzag, coiled
2. not straight; dishonest or immoral or evasive
3. irregular in shape or outline
- a dress with a crooked hemline
4. having the back and shoulders rounded; not erect
Sentences with crooked as an adjective:
- We walked up the crooked path to the top of the hill.
- That picture is crooked - could you straighten it up for me?
- He was trying to interest me in another one of his crooked deals.
1. simple past tense and past participle of crook