1. from that place or from there
- proceeded thence directly to college
- flew to Helsinki and thence to Moscow
Similar word(s): therefrom
2. from that circumstance or source
- atomic formulas and all compounds thence constructible
- a natural conclusion follows thence
3. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
- we were young and thence optimistic
Sentences with thence as an adverb:
- I came thence.
- Cross fix at 6000 feet, thence descend to 3000 feet and fly direct to MAP (missed approach point).