1. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
- the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory
- we were young and thence optimistic
2. from this place
- get thee hence!
3. from this time
- a year hence it will be forgotten
Sentences with hence as an adverb:
- I'm going hence, because you have insulted me.
- Get thee hence, Satan!
- After a long battle, my poor daughter was taken hence.
- I shall go to Japan and hence will not be here in time for the party.
- The purse is handmade and hence very expensive.
- The plane will leave two months hence.
1. (obsolete) To send away.