1. a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented
- the house was full
2. the art of writing and producing plays
3. a region in which active military operations are in progress
- the army was in the field awaiting action
- he served in the Vietnam theater for three years
Sentences with theater as a noun:
- His grandfather was in the Pacific theater during the war.
- This man is about to die, get him into theater at once!
- We sat in the back row of the theater and threw popcorn at the screen.
- I worked in the theater for twenty-five years.