1. a twisted and tangled mass that is highly interwoven
- they carved their way through the tangle of vines
Definition categories: object
2. something jumbled or confused
- a tangle of government regulations
Sentences with tangle as a noun:
- I tried to sort through this tangle and got nowhere.
1. force into some kind of situation, condition, or course of action
2. tangle or complicate
3. disarrange or rumple; dishevel
4. twist together or entwine into a confusing mass
- The child entangled the cord
Sentences with tangle as a verb:
- Her hair was tangled from a day in the wind.
- Don't tangle with someone three times your size.
- He tangled with the law.