1. a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
2. a shoot arising from a plant's roots
3. a drinker who sucks (as at a nipple or through a straw)
4. flesh of any of numerous North American food fishes with toothless jaws
Definition categories: food
5. hard candy on a stick
Similar word(s): lollipop
6. an organ specialized for sucking nourishment or for adhering to objects by suction
7. mostly North American freshwater fishes with a thick-lipped mouth for feeding by suction; related to carps
1. (transitive) To strip the suckers or shoots from; to deprive of suckers.
- to sucker maize
2. To fool someone; to take advantage of someone.
- The salesman suckered him into signing an expensive maintenance contract.