1. a source of oil; used for forage and soil improvement and as food
Similar word(s): soybean
2. erect bushy hairy annual herb having trifoliate leaves and purple to pink flowers; extensively cultivated for food and forage and soil improvement but especially for its nutritious oil-rich seeds; native to Asia
3. thin sauce made of fermented soy beans
4. the most highly proteinaceous vegetable known; the fruit of the soybean plant is used in a variety of foods and as fodder (especially as a replacement for animal protein)
Sentences with soy as a noun:
- I like a little soy with my rice.
- These candles are made from soy.
- The soy crop is looking good this year.